An intelligent, hard-working individual familiar with real estate is needed to fulfill the following tasks and responsibilities for a short term furnished rentals business:
1) Advertising and Marketing:
- Post ads on various websites for short term rental properties (about a dozen)
- Keep ads on Craig's list and other websites up to date with pricing and availability
- Keep availability calendars up to date on all properties
- Research prices and adjust on ads to keep occupancy at high levels
2) Customer Service and Support:
- Respond to customer inquiries/emails from various websites and provide availability and quotes.
- Strive to keep calendars booked 100% of the time for full property occupancy
- Produce invoices on PayPal for booking requests
- Answer customer emails or calls about various check-in issues
- Occasionally call customers who need help arranging their bookings
- Close the deal on as many bookings as possible.
3) Manage Daily Booking Transactions:
- Edit property leases and rental contracts from a template and send out as needed for bookings
- Return security deposits after making a list of damages (working with cleaners)
- Create templates for leases and invoices
Daily Operations and Property Management:
- Coordinate repairs and cleanings as needed
- Check cleaning calendar daily and send reminders to cleaning crew
- Interact with various vendors and service providers for property services as needed
- Coordinate carpet cleaning, yard cleaning, or other maintenance services
- Research new services as needed and get quotes
- Research Insurance providers and make recommendations
- Pay tax bills for various properties
- Fill out forms that might be needed
- Do light book-keeping and organizing of receipts.
- Keep track of issues in Jira software
The software and tools we use are:
- Jira - issue creation and tracking
- Various online advertising portals such as Craig's list, airbnb.com, VRBO.com, Zumper, HotPads, etc.
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- Xero Accounting Software
This person is expected to work 8 hours a day in the Pacific Time Zone (California), have a fast and reliable internet connection and electric power. In the beginning work must be during working hours in PST, however as the person becomes more trained they may work off-hours.