We would like to undergo a thorough site and server check, to help us design an ongoing site and server maintenance effort. We want to develop a process where the site can be maintained, and monitored and repaired in the case of a site malfunction. We want to outsource this process. This might be another outsource, or it may be you if you are set up to handle it.
The website includes an online store for goods (Pinnacle Cart source, customized), a custom donation engine, a monthly recurring donation offering (uses PayPal as the recurring engine), and a custom ecommerce module to purchase gift cards.
The server setup includes two Rackspace LAMP cloud servers. One server hosts the site files, and the other hosts a MySQL database. The site is currently version-controlled with GIT, and backs up the files upon any changes. We also use Amazon SES for transactional emails.
Among the things we want you to do (we may split some of this up between you and us).
- Ensure backup and restore process is sound and tested,
- Data capture and restorability in case of crash,
- Security audits and checks,
- Resource checks,
- Database checks for file sizes and ongoing health,
- Uptime monitoring process evaluation,
- DNS records setup and checks,
- Security Certificate (SSL)
- Develop further alerts through cronjobs (we have two crons that email some stats, but we need more)
We need to know your capabilities and an action plan if you have one.