We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to assist our customers worldwide who rely on our products and solutions to help them build, optimize, and manage sophisticated database infrastructures powering a wide variety of enterprise applications.
• Provide technical support for company products. This includes communicating directly with customers via phone and e-mail to identify, reproduce, and resolve reported issues.
• Evaluate, troubleshoot and follow-up customer issues while tracking details in SalesForce.com
• Identify, replicate, and document customer reported product defects and enhancement requests.
• Develop and test workarounds when and if applicable.
• Interact with internal and external department resources for problem determination, resolution, and escalation.
• Installation/de-installation of required software; provide specifications for the configuration of systems, applications, and databases when necessary.
• Keep up-to-date on technical aspects of the company’s products.
• Participate and articulate test cases for management and the product development team when necessary.
• Strong relational database skills in any of these databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 or Sybase.
• Excellent customer service skills including both written and verbal English language skills.
• Previous experience in a technical or support environment
• Ability to multi-task and seamlessly transition from one skill set to another
• Strong Windows Platform Expertise.
• Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
• Knowledge of software design and implementation.
• Four-year university degree or sufficient relevant work experience.
Non-technical Job Requirements:
The applicant must be able to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Pacific Time, Monday to Friday. A one hour, non-paid meal break is included in these hours.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
1. Skype and good quality audio call capability in order to conduct the interview. If hired, Skype will be the primary means of communication with the other team members.
2. Internet with bandwidth no less than 3 MB/s to support an IP soft phone client.
3. Windows 7 or later OS on his or her working computer.
The applicant MUST be the person who is actually performing the work. The contract is for direct hire. Agencies should not apply.
Required Work Experience
1 year or greater job related experience in all above areas.
Skype will be used to interview each selected applicant. The applicant must be on time for the scheduled interview and must have a good headset that is already fine tuned for VOIP communications used in Skype. If the applicant doesn't meet the above requirements at the time of the interview, the interview will be canceled and no other opportunities will be offered. To succeed in the job, the applicant must have a high level of attention to detail. Such an applicant will have read this job description and understood all instructions stated above before applying for the job.
**In order to successfully perform this job, you will need to provide information on the following system requirements.
Please submit your responses to the questions listed below in your Cover Letter.
1. Please visit www.speedtest.net and send your internet speed with an attached screen shot.
2. Please describe the computer you will be working from? (Make, model, CPU, RAM, hard disk, operating system). Example answer: Apple, MacBook Air, 1.7Ghz I7, 8GB Ram, 128GB SSD, OS X
3. Please provide a screen shot of the antivirus protection you are using on your computer?