Fluent English speaker who is an up to date Drupal expert needed to do the following for the citizen journalism website the-latest.com:
1. Update database fixing MySQL problems we'v been having. Currently we are running version 5.1, and have options to upgrade to 5.5 or 5.6 within WHM if you advise us to do so. Typically, the upgrades are fairly easy, though we would like a backup of the databases created prior to doing this. Optionally, there could be benefits to converting to InnoDB from MyISAM tables after performing the upgrade, though whether or not this would improve performance with our current databases would have to be analysed by you.
2. Apply the Drupal security updates
3. Stop error messages occurring when images are added to story content
4. Stop the error message when tags are put in a story
5. Enable images to be put in blogs. This function is not currently available.
6. Suggest other improvements
7. Fix the "mass contact" mailing so it reaches all the site's members
8. We have almost four and a half thousand members in our citizen journalism group on Facebook and it's growing, cementing our position as Facebook's largest independent English language citizen journalism group. We would like to have some sort of space on The-Latest.com website where we can showcase members and content from our Facebook group, particularly comments about stories on the-latest that are made on Facebook. We would welcome suggestions from you on how this might work.
9. We've noticed that when adding a new story to the home page of The-Latest the preview of our selected image for the home page no longer appears although the image is still added to the story. An error message appears. This needs fixing.
10. Maximise the speed with which the site loads, including on hand held devices, and content loads. This could be a separate job.
More work is likely if this goes well.