We are searching for a Database Design Writer with experience as an active professional database modeler/software architect/database architect to publish original articles on the website of our online database modeling tool. If you have a strong portfolio that demonstrates expertise in this domain and would like to write for an international audiece of database development professionals, we want to hear from you!
Your tasks will be to:
- write a 1000+ word blog article every two weeks on database modeling-related topics. Articles might be tips, advice, best practices, common mistakes, etc.
- write articles/tutorials on how to design and create database models for specific applications, e.g., a data model for an online store, or hotel reservations
- provide technical and logical explanation on issues related to your models
- create database models in our tool to support your articles
- actively participate in community discussions related to your articles (answering reader's questions)
- research interesting database topics and issues for your articles
- design database models for our template library
- write short tips on modeling problems reported by our users
The articles you write must be well-researched, technically accurate, 100% original content and will become our property upon acceptance by us.
- minimum 3 years experience in database modeling or software architecture
- experience in both logical and physical database modeling
- hands-on experience with one of the following databases: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- broad understanding of relational database concepts
- solid experience in writing SQL queries
- keen interest in new modeling techniques and approaches to database design
- portfolio of publications in database-related topics (blog articles, technical documentation, books)
- strong written communication and grammar skills with an ability to explain complex technical problems in a simple way
- blogging experience
- English proficiency
- passion for SQL and relational databases
- active social media profiles in the database development domain (Twitter, Stackoverflow, forums, github, etc.)
- experience with other database engines
- BS/MS in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- teaching experience
Please attach samples of your writing, preferably database-related or other technical writing.
Selected candidates will be asked to write a short paid trial article.
Please bid the amount for a single article.