The Hit by the Bus Book
I need someone to design an engaging interface that encourages users to answer simple questions about things they need to have in one place if they die (for example - get hit by a bus!). This book includes basic family information, financial relationships, health care contacts and directives and emergency planning. This tool will also allow users to upload key documents that will be important when they die. I also want to add questions on "how I want to be remembered" to encourage people to be intentional by sharing ceremonies, memories, mementos and philosophies that they want to leave for their loved ones.
By having the most basic information in a well designed "book" (with chapters on "My Family", "My Financial Network", "My Healthcare", etc) that will help users to be organized and save their loved ones hours of tedious phone calls and meeting to gather key personal information.
The specific deliverables I'm looking for include:
* - overall design aesthetic for user interface (current thinking is using the metaphor of a "book" as central organizing principle)
* - design of question pages (e.g. name/address/phone/etc.)... max 50 questions
* - design of interface to upload key documents (will be part of database)... max 20 documents
* - ability to "gamify" (make engaging) filling out these forms
* - taking input from question pages and build database of info
* - taking database info and repurposing into digital "book" (.pdf) to help family members
I envision that the final product is a thumbdrive that users get from a website (or a family member, trusted advisor, pastor, etc.). The user plugs the harddrive into their computer and is led through the list of questions.
The answers to the questions populate a database. The database is used to a final document (electronic "book") that lays out the information from the questions in an intuitive/easy to digest format.
When I talk about "gamification", it's about making a pretty tedious process engaging. I think about how LinkedIN encourages users to complete their profile. Completing the profile will consist of answering questions and uploading key documents.
Target audience for this product is mostly men (dads) who are 45+ years of age. Secondary target is older men/women who want an easy way to organize this kind of information. In both cases, this product helps them feel more in control and gives them satisfaction that they’ve done their best to have their affairs “buttoned up” should they get hit by a bus!