I want to password protect my existing website. See
My website is hosted by 1and1 on a 2012 L2 Core Server.
I’m self-publishing a chemistry textbook. I have been allowing free access to the electronic versions of the text. This has been a great marketing tool, but now that students are more comfortable using electronic textbooks, it’s time to start charging a bit for access to the electronic book and some of its tools. I’d like to have some pages on the site password protected and others not.
I like the look and organization of my website fine, but I want to add the following.
1. a way for users to pay $20 for access
2. After paying, a way for them to register by choosing a username and password
3. A way to store the usernames and passwords
4. A login page for users where they can input their username and password to gain access
5. A way to check to see if the username and password are valid
6. A way to check to see if more than one user is logging in with the same username and allowing only one person using that username to be logged in at one time.
7. A way to log out.
8. A way to delete usernames and passwords after one year (either automatically or manually) to limit access to one year from signup.
I'd like someone to set up the basic structure that makes this happen. I would do the tedious work of adding any necessary code to the many, many pages on my website. In other words, I need a developer to be the brains, and I would do the grunt work. I use Dreamweaver to maintain my site.
Chiral Publishing Company