We have a SaaS web app - standard LAMP stack.
- It has a MySQL v5.6 database
- It runs on PHP v 5.6
- It runs several cron jobs (each genreating data to be stored, and processing data - so there are queries running; the cron jobs run non-stop to get data into the app, and to share data to social networks based on user-defined schedule)
We recently updated the app to these versions. Now, we want to work with an EXPERT who can:
1) review code, and identify slow-running queries and fix them
2) fine-tune and optimize all the queries within the app
3) improve overall performance of the database / functionality through optimization of queries
4) recommend and provide ways to further improve the speed of the app
This can be done all at once within a day, or can be done across a few days. We need you to work with me and my developers - work together. We use Skype an Slack to communicate throughout the day (EDT timezone). We'll want you to be very communicative and responsive and review with us all findings, fixes, and recommendations.
Ideal candidate has certifications in MySQL / SQL Server / AWS RDS, etc. and has worked in a similar performance optimization capacity. Please provide detailed example of similar gigs where you played such a role for web applications.
Please include the following as first line of your response. All responses without this line will automatically be rejected.
"I kill poor-performing Database Queries daily"