1. No agencies, please.
2. If you do not have significant experience with Python, we cannot accept your application.
3. Django experience strongly preferred.
4. If you cannot address the criteria in the application, we also cannot consider you.
We are looking for a smart, skilled backend developer to join our distributed team. We are working on a SaaS B2B music app, and have clients on three continents. We have two front end developers, and one backend developer.
We're looking for a backend developer to help with overflow tasks. The work will initially be project based, but we're looking for someone to work with us part-time, long term.
The developer we're looking for will have significant experience in Python, and ideally Django and AWS.
Ideally, you will have strong experience with database query optimisation in a Django context, and setting up automated testing for web applications in rapid development.
Our core team work in AEST, but many of our customers are in the US and Europe, so we're looking for someone who can be online a few hours of the AEST business day, but can also help monitor the application and troubleshoot overnight, AEST.
• ability to work independently with minimal instruction
• write clean, scalable, well documented code
• ability to accurately estimate time to complete a task, and then to hit deadlines
• excellent written English communication skills.
We're a good team to work with, and we like what we do. Thanks!