We need a VB.NET developer to build ASP.NET web page for building a SQL visual query, e.g. the same way as Microsoft Query works within MS Excel or views designers works within Microsoft SQL Server.
No need to code the visualization from scratch. Simply download and use the existing component from www.activequerybuilder.com. The query builder needs to connect to Google Bigquery via ODBC, e.g. using the Simba technologies driver or similar. http://www.simba.com/drivers/bigquery-odbc-jdbc/
This is an initial project and more work can follow as a result of a good deliverable.
The following is required:
- Create SQL Server table to maintain a list of companies, e.g. add, edit, remove.
- Ability to create a Bigquery ODBC connection for a specific company, e.g. select a company and then provide login details, get Google Bigquery authorization code, associate it with this company and store details in the database.
- Ability to create 1 or more SQL queries for each of the companies, e.g. select the company, read & apply login details recorded previously and provide the query editing screen using the ActiveQueryBuilder component
- Once query has been created, allow for saving the query definition.
- Allow previously created query definitions to be opened, edited and saved again.
- Allow option to export query result to an external Microsoft SQL Server database.
- Download trial versions of recommended components above or recommend alternate components, e.g. it will be great to get the free BigQuery JDBC driver to work as alternative, if possible.
- Source code needs to be provided as project deliverable.
- Documentation, instructions, training to be provided.