ELECTRONIC ARTS ACADEMIC ENCOUNTER - VIDEOSONICA
October 2016 / Cali, Colombia
Cali' s Alianza Francesa and HiperLab, are convening teachers, students, artists, professionals and researchers in the fields of art, music, video, technology and electronics, to submit your papers in order to participate in the Academic Encounter, which is part of the IX Videosonica - Electronic Arts International Encounter (Cali, Colombia / October 10-11).
Edition after edition, we've had the presence of artists, guests and international cultural observers, generating exchanges and bonds to build an important thinking and working platform about electronic arts in Latin America.
Under the motto "I BELIEVE IN THE OTHER ONE" (CREO EN EL OTRO), Videosonica's 9th edition will reflect over the art as a creative and social transformation activity, considering the use of technology as a tool for an unaccountable number of knowledge, and the creation of links between local and global issues.
The Academic Encounter's main objectives are to promote an international exchange where artists and interdisciplinary groups can get together to build cooperation networks and give birth to a boosting international platform for national artists through the documentation, dissemination and promotion of their artistic work or investigation.
1. Those interested must present a 200 hundred word tops summary in a Word filename extension (*.doc) or PDF, where paper title, author's name, academic degree, institution where you obtained your degree, resume, email and telephone number are included.
2. You must submit your complete papers before August the 31rd, 6:00 p.m. (UTC-05:00).
3. You must be available from 10th to 11th of October, where the Academic Encounter will take place.
4. The paper's presentations will be done through Skype.
5. For this Encounter, the admitted languages for the papers are Spanish, French and English.
6. The speakers must take into account that the time for exposing their papers will be no more than 45 minutes.
7. The assigned schedule for the event will be set and published once all papers have been selected, considering the country from which the speaker will come.
8. All papers submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
9. The organizing committee reserves the right to solve any situation that hasn't been considered in this document.
10. The organizers reserve the right to verify the authenticity of any given information provided by the participants in the registry form, as well as the paper's autorship.