Public engagement firm that works with Democratic, Progressive, and mission-driven organizations seeks an email writer/manager with experience in a mid-level online campaigning role.
We're looking for someone with a deep understanding of best practices in online campaigning, strong political instincts, experience in issue advocacy, and excellent written and verbal communications skills.
If you're motivated, hardworking, who is passionate about writing, storytelling, politics, and the digital media world then this may be an ideal job for you.
· Serve as the lead email writer on the project -- drafting emails, setting up and sending emails, and analyzing email performance
· Develop campaign schedule for email
· Set out metrics for the campaign's email success and regularly report on key performance indicators
Qualifications and experience that includes:
* Excellent writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail with experience specifically in email writing
* An understanding of basic analytics and experience with CRMs.
* Minimum of one year of professional writing experience, preferably for a progressive elected official or non-profit organization
* Experience constructing HTML emails and using mass email software (e.g. Action Network, Nation Builder, Blue State Digital, Convio, GetActive)
* Online campaigning/organizing, both rapid response and longer-term campaigns
* Electoral or issue campaign organizing, political advocacy, public policy, or a related field
* Experience building lists and engaging supporters online
* A proven track record of working well under pressure and tight deadlines
Because your writing will weigh heavily in our decision, we’ll need your resume and 2 short writing samples of your previous work (1 page maximum each), plus a writing assignment.