The Instructional technologist assists Instructional Designers in building and maintaining online courses. The Instructional technologist implements course designs and revisions, assists with course setup for each term, and helps troubleshoot technical issues.
This would be a full-time position. Remote is ok. Project-based work.
• Building and maintaining online course assets using Adobe Captivate which adheres to Bridgeway's Online Style Guide and Course Pedegogy
• Test courses for consistency, clarity, and functionality
• Research and update courses as needed including assessments, online instructions, instructor guides, syllabi, and training presentations
• Prioritize daily tasks to meet institutional goals and objectives
• Collaborate with course developers in the sharing of new ideas and knowledge
• Collectively share responsibilities on priority assignments with team members
• Strong sense of design ability to add design elements to courses
• Experience with graphic applications - ability to create graphic elements if needed
• Certification or experience in a K-12 environment is preferred.
• Strong technical acumen and experience with Learning Management Systems, such as Moodle or Blackboard.
• Proficient in MS Office, especially MS Word and its styles and formatting features
• Exceptional grammar and writing skills
• Previous course development and/or teaching experience
• Ability to think critically and work independently
• Adaptable and decisive
• Attentive to detail and highly organized
• Sample of completed work – screenshots of online course, course syllabus, etc.
Apply by completing this survey: http://surveys.homeschoolacademy.com/index.cfm/id/survey/lang/english/surveyID/1743/tempid/1/