Are you a Django developer who loves to learn new things and get things done while being part of a great startup team?
This posting is for an upcoming service called buttercast. It aims to make podcasting a better experience for everyone. Our tagline is "Create podcasts that sound awesome." which we hope to do by providing a great user experience and high-quality audio enhancement.
You can see our announcement landing page at http://www.buttercast.com which can give you more of an idea about the project and brand. Interested? Read on!
Who we're looking for:
A Python + Django developer who has experience with the following and is also a generally cool person:
* Developing REST APIs for consumption by an AngularJS frontend
* Setting up and running Django apps on AWS EC-2 instances with MySQL as the db
* Using git with a constant flow of commits showing progress
* Using project management tools (we use Trello)
* Communicating regularly and pleasantly with high availability (we use Slack+Skype)
* Following best practices for REST API design (here's a good post on that: http://www.vinaysahni.com/best-practices-for-a-pragmatic-restful-api)
* Doing Stripe subscription API integration
* Being punctual and reliable
The work to be done:
* Create the API endpoints: users, shows, episodes, subscriptions (for Stripe)
** Shows belong to users, episodes belong to shows and users, subscriptions belong to users
** Episodes will have audio file uploads along with other fields
** On episode file upload, a command line tool provided by us will be invoked to enhance the audio in the file
** Each show will have its own RSS feed with a unique url. To see the format, please read the attached user stories.
** All uploaded files will be stored on S3
* Make the endpoints all SSL
* All authentication endpoints: Sign up, Login, Logout, Password Reset
** Social authentication via Facebook, Google and Twitter
** Use Token based authentication (in header)
** Ensure security by making sure correct API actions are allowed for the correct user groups (owner, user, everyone)
* Deploy and run the API on provided EC-2 instance
* Document API with Swagger tool (for use by frontend developer(s))
Read the attached user stories doc to get a more complete feel for the product.
Please, no spammers. We like people who actually read our job postings fully before applying, so start your application with "I read everything". Otherwise we'll just delete your application.
We're looking forward to meeting you all and making buttercast a great success together.