The Project Assistant will provide full and diversified administrative support to the Project Manager with light support to the executive team members. The Assistant will serve as a facilitator to coordinate task, obtain requested information, maintain reports, and other related activities while looking out for the best interests of the project and the company. Must be proficient in project management activities, Microsoft .NET experience is a plus.
About the project:
I.AF (http://i.af) is a simple URL shortener application (initial prototype was written in 2014 using .NET MVC + Couchbase). The purposes of the site is to provide a simple, registration free way of shortening long web URLs when used on social media platforms. Initial application was developed to be hosted on local instance of Windows Server 2008 + Couchbase 2.5 as a backend NOSQL database.
Current Project Objective is to upgrade this application to V2.0 and migrate it to the cloud based hosting platform. Windows Azure was selected as a cloud provider. This is minimum a 3 month project during initial migration with extension.
• Gather requirements, review and update project documentation, manage project tasks, manage professional and personal Outlook calendars, coordinate schedules etc.
• Use tact, discretion, and good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information
• Position includes using independent decision making and authority within established policies and procedural guidelines. This may include interpreting policies, analyzing and resolving procedural problems, making recommendations, coordinating projects and setting priorities
• Demonstrate high levels of professionalism when communicating in person, by email or by phone
• Compose and type correspondence, memos and emails
• Assist with meeting preparation and follow up, including maintaining agendas, creating pre-meeting packets, taking notes if needed, distributing and checking on follow-up items
• Organize documents