We are looking for a senior application support specialist at least over 5 years of experience in domain reselling and web hosting support. The specific tasks include:
Domain Reselling Support:
1. Implement a system for new domain registrations/renewals in a way that integrates smoothly with the domain customer management and hosting environment.
2. Utilize WHMCS management software to facilitate domain registrations and client management.
3. Implementation of WHMCS must integrate with the primary project site which utilizes WordPress as a platform for user signup/sign, domain registration, and access to cPanel through a series of WordPress plugins and custom code.
4. Integration of the domain registrar’s system (Enom) via API with WHMCS for registrations, transfers, renewals, nameserver and DNS administration, and registrar lock.
Hosting Services Support:
1. Setting up, maintaining, upgrading, and securing hosting environment provided through Amazon Web Services including hosting of a large WordPress multisite instance.
2. Migrate all existing accounts from the current hosting to the new hosting environment if needed.
3. Use cPanel/WHM for account management on the Web server and must provide all upgrades and patches.
4. Handle installation of cPanel/WHM on server including any prerequisites such as Apache, MySQL, PHP.
5. Setup andd configure the offsite backup solution that provides incremental monthly, weekly, and daily backups for individual accounts. Backups should be obtainable by end-users through the cPanel interface.
6. Provide infrastructure to support database splitting of the WPMS MySQL database using HyperDB or SharDB.
7. Provide regular scanning of core WordPress files, plugins, and themes to check for viruses and exploits and clean up compromised files.
Application Management and Support:
1. Application management and support for various server-based software used to administer domain customer platform as well as for the WordPress MultiSite application.
2. Manage migration of current installation from AWS to new hosting environment, including all core WP files, databases, and user content files.
3. Oversee twice-annual upgrades of WordPress.
4. Ongoing expert support as needed basis.
Work can be performed offsite. During the first 3 months, more time will be needed to put in for implementing the domain reselling system, hosting and the migration of applications. Then, it will a light workload providing occasional server and application support.