We are a mid-sized eCommerce store that sells 3000+ adult toys. Our mission is to add some flavor to people’s sex lives! We do this by providing our customers a world class online shopping experience. Everything must be perfect, our customer service excellent, our product descriptions outstanding. If you have a good sense of humor + the skills we require, consider joining our team!
***** Disclaimer: Our company works with adult toys, if this is a problem for you, please do NOT apply. ****
The ideal candidates must be detail-oriented, organized, accurate, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and have the ability to work under tight deadlines.
We are currently set up in XERO with our books mostly operational however we have a few issues with regards to:
1. incompatibility with our tax accountant's accounting system
2. difficulty reconciling batch transactions
3. multi-currency issues
Considering all these, we are looking to change from XERO to QUICKBOOKS ONLINE.
We are looking for someone to help us analyse our current process and decide if it's worth re-integrating from XERO to QBO. We would then need your expertise to help us SET UP, AUTOMATE and BALANCE all our accounts. Finally, post-integration, we need you to TEACH and TRAIN our Admin/Executive team on the QBO bookkeeping process so we can keep our statements reconciled and up to date.
1. Develop system and process to account for our financial transactions; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures
2. Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating and posting transactions
3. Accounts reconciliation / Bank reconciliation
4. Inventory Management
5. Dropshipping Accounting
6. Accounts Payable (suppliers invoices uploads, timely payments to vendors)
7. Fixed Assets tagging and monitoring
8. Cash receipts and bank deposits recording
9. Budgeting and report significant variances to management
10. Generate from the accounting system the Financial statements / Reporting (Cash Flow Statement, Income Statement, Balance Sheet)
11. Manage Internal Auditing
12. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
1. Provide or collate data needed by the External Accountant
2. Assemble information for external auditors
3. Calculate and issue financial analysis
4. Provide clerical and administrative support to CEO and the Leadership Management team as requested
5. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results and extending assistance to other teams as needed
6. Provide recommendations for automation or workflow improvements
7. Communicates through Slack or Skype
8. Comfortable using apps (Shopify, Teamwork, Trello, Online banking, etc.)
Knowledge and Skills Required:
1. Proficient in using XERO and QUICKBOOKS Online
2. Well versed in DROPSHIPPING
3. Expert in principles and practices of bookkeeping activities
4. Exceptional knowledge in basic to advanced accounting procedures
5. Keen understanding of financial accounting systems
6. Strong background in preparing and maintaining periodic bookkeeping reports
7. Ability to handle a multitude of bookkeeping tasks at the same time without compromising on quality or work
8. Demonstrated ability to reconcile bank and accounts
9. Analytical in handling bookkeeping discrepancies in an effective manner
10. Highly skilled in using online banking, apps and technology to support bookkeeping activities
11. Detail-oriented at following through with bookkeeping commitments
12. Effectively handle accounts payable and receivable (billing and invoicing)
13. Excellent / Fluent English
Attention: Please begin your application by rating yourself on your level of expertise in using XERO and QUICKBOOKS ONLINE with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the rockstar!
We look forward to hearing from you.