We are a growing online publishing company & editorial agency with multiple websites and clients looking to bring a designer with expertise in blog post formatting, post image and social media sharing design, downloadable PDF content, and infographics. There may also be opportunities in the future for eBook design and development.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who wants have a lot of fun and add their own ideas and personality to our brands.
This means you have a high amount of pride in the content you create, a good sense of personal responsibility and self-management for overseeing your own assignments and deadlines, and a willingness to pitch in to provide exceptional products and services for our agency and our clients.
- Schedule & Post Blog Articles to websites based on written content provided by email
- Format posts to be consistent w/site designs
- Find images (or create them) to include with the post - EXPERT WORDPRESS AND GRAPHIC DESIGN PROFICIENCY A MUST
-Manage the final signoff on content to be published
- Create infographics and original graphic content for use with various articles and projects, based on concepts provided to start
- Create professionally designed reports and downloadable/fillable content based on current content
- Various miscellaneous tasks (research, create SOP (standard operating procedures) documents, occasional Skype/Google Hangout meetings and conversations w/owner and team, eventual work in eBook design)
- Expert proficiency in graphic design and formatting programs like Photoshop, PicMonkey or other photo editing software, infographic software, Adobe Suite, .mobi and .epub formats, etc.
- Exceptional English language skills (at least university or equivalent professional/contracted experience)
- Experience with Wordpress, Trello, Gmail/Google Apps, Mailchimp, AWeber, and Google Docs
- Extremely Reliable High-Speed Internet & Electric connections (or ready access to them)
- Understands basic business and marketing concepts
- Ability to provide 1-day or less turnaround on some assignments (usually up to 48 hours though)
- HIGH PRIDE in your work and product
- Self-Motivated (We will NOT be checking in on things) with an ability to manage own assignments and deadlines
- Thrives on systems and organization
- Ability to work on different time frames (within reasonable schedule)
- Ability to multi-task or work on multiple projects
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Problem solver (not a problem presenter)
- Wants to grow and take on more projects/responsibilities within Company
About The Role
- Looking for ~5-7 hours per week to start, with opportunities to grow as the business grows
- Flexible on schedule (includes some weekend work) but tough on delivery (don't care when you get work done, as long as you get it done by the deadline and it is good)
- Ideally looking for longer-term commitment (at least 6-months)
- Future roles could provide for more original design and graphic work, as we grow our content offerings.
How To Apply
Interested candidates, please reply with an introductory letter describing your experience and interests as it relates to the position and requirements. Start your introduction with the words Orange Sky. Be sure to include:
- Your work schedule availability
- English expertise and any education/training in various graphic design programs and software
- Answer this question: What would you do if you were waiting for approval on one piece of an article that was set to publish in 12 hours, but no one seemed to be available?
- Prior work as a graphic designer (with an example of a pdf/downloadable report you have created, an example of post or social media images you have created, and an example of an infographic or similar graphic you have created — LINKS TO AN ONLINE PORTFOLIO WILL BE IMMEDIATELY HIDDEN — send us the work you think is your best)