I need to create a new website for my antique map shop based on Prestashop, Magento, Opencart or any similar solution, with some specific developments.
I currently run the website www.bolivaroldprints.com, and the future website will be based on the same structure. Another model can be www.raremaps.com.
The website will be bi-lingual English – Spanish (so I will use special characters) and will have the common functions of an ecommerce website: registration, up to 5 images per item, zoom, add to cart / buy now feature, etc. And a friendly and fast interface in order to add new items (with a XLS / CSV file or directly in the website) and to modify their status (reserved, sold, paid, account given, to be framed, etc.) will be available. The items will be prints / maps and books. The website will require a strong back-office.
• The particularity of this website is that it requires a listing format (see here: http://www.bolivaroldprints.com/en-us/mapasygrabadosantiguos/suramericaseptentrional.aspx), enabling the user to sort the items by date, price, author, etc.
• All the images would have the same wide, the height might change and so the whole line height if needed.
• As is the website www.raremaps.com, the items will be found thanks to categories and sub-categories (up to three level).
• The website will have professional and modern look, and will have a convenient mobile interface.
I will be able to see all my database on in the back office, and to show just a selection in the front office, according to categories, sub-categories, locations, status, or all the inventory. The items will appear the same way they will do in the front page (columns/lignes) (Magnento: Real Inventory module). The back office will allow me to see internal fields.
The location field will work that way: each product will be located in a specific location (folder 1, folder 2, store 1, store 2, etc…). (In Magento : Inventory Management for Multiple Locations).
A good CRM module should also be added.
The fields seen by visitors will be the following:
Image 1(JPG) / Title / Author / Additional authors (up to 2 more)/ Date / Price USD or Mexican pesos/ Size inches / Size cm or inches/ Inventory number / Image 2, 3 and 4, Categories (up to 3)/ Sub categories (up to 3)/ Condition / Description/ Tags
• In the main listing, only the fields in bold will be shown. All the fields will be show in the detail page of each item. When the fields are missing, they will not appear at all in the detail page. For instance, if an item doesn’t have a size, the field size will not appear anywhere in the page.
• The dates: most of the items will have an exact date (1853, 1805), some of them an estimate (c.1860) – we need a box in order know if it’s an exact date or no, and a sorting allowing to take into account the c. (1805, 1853, c.1860, 1865).
• Pricing and size: The prices will be in USD, with and automatic and rounded conversion in Mexican pesos. Some prices will only be seen by registered users, so I need to have the option to show them or not to visitors or registered users. The size will be in cm and automatically converted in inches. The visitors will be able to choose the currency and the kind of measure they need, thanks to buttons on top of the page. We would also like to be able sort the items by size in cm2, so we have to multiply the height by wide in order to do that. Let me know if that can be done.
Fields only seen the back office:
Comments / Location (give me the option to create several possibilities)/ Type of item (Map, Print, Book, Memorabilia)/ status (give me the option to create several possibilities)/ Pricing authorization (seen by all visitors, only registered visitors, only me)/ (is the item can be seen or not in the front office) / Home (yes or not, seen below).
- Home: showing the description of a single item with its image randomly choose among the items with the field Home/yes (see up) and categories – sub categories.
- News: a page with a blog-like system
- Fine maps and prints (listing of maps and prints)
- Rare books (listing of books)
- Sold Items (listing of sold items)
- Our Specialties (text and images page)
- About US with a Google map plan of the neighborhood.
- Contact us: with a contact form
Shared tools (appear on each page):
- A search box
- A connection box (login/register), linked with my Mailchimp account.
- Copyright, privacy statement...
- The menus will also be seen on each page.
I will able to have the total control and accesses of the website once delivered. Feel free to ask me any precisions, and thank you in advance for your offers. If you feel one or two requirement would be too complex to implement, please let me know so we can see alternatives before starting the project and selecting your bid for the job.