We are in need of a video editor with post production and motion graphics skills and experience.
The videos and motion graphics in question are generally between 20 seconds and 3 minutes, occasionally outside of that (such as the occasional interview or the very short gif).
You need to be experienced in the Adobe creative suite including Adobe Premier-Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and others to assist and carry out tasks at all stages of the video production process on an ongoing basis.
This will include:
- translating ideas and storyboards into a finished short video (including potentially finding the assets, such as stock footage and music, and presenting them for approval then implementing them)
- creating videos and presenting them in a a variety of specific formats, for a variety of channels
- animating images or ideas, including motion animation, simple web ad gif animation, as well as more complex ones
- working with visual special effects as needed
- cutting various clips together according to specifications
- other tasks as they arise
As an example, you may be given a rough cut of clips with music overlay, with the assignment being to create a final production, as close as possible, with the full res assets, specific transitions, etc., you may be given just an idea and you need to collect the assets, receive guidelines as to which ones to use, direction regarding the same and as to their order, and then you create the entire cut.
You can expect 5-10 hours per week with the potential for that to increase to up to 20 hours per week. The first several assignments, while real and paid, will also serve as a test stage, wherein we will judge the level of work product and the fit and if the work product is excellent then we envision a long working relationship together.
Fast turnaround will be required as will constant availability. You must be completely fluent in english, both written and spoken. You must be able to both perform work to achieve someone else’s vision or working with existing assets without infusing your own style into it (respecting the original design or vision) as well as use your own creativity to design, depending on the specific assignment.
As part of your application, please:
- include a brief description of your experience
- take the yoga ball in the attached file, and animate it as realistically as possible to show it bouncing around a white room (and if you want, off the walls too).
> The animation should be at least 5-10 second of unique motion ending with some event that showcases your creativity and technical skills (such as a hole appearing and it falling through, or a basketball hoop sliding into place and it going through it, etc.).
> The video should zoom out slowly throughout, and at the end fade out over four seconds into white.
> There should be an overlay of sound, that matches the bouncing (what the sound is, whether it be beeping, realistic bouncing sounds, or bird calls is at your discretion, as long as it clearly coincides with the motion in the video).
> Please attach that video to your application in .mp4 format, 15 FPS and 1600x1200 h.264 codec.
This is not an animation we require commercially but instead simply a test of your creativity and technical skills, to allow us to better immediately assess your fit for the position. The successful candidate, with continually proven excellent work product, will enjoy a continued and ongoing stream of work.
Thank you very much for applying, we look forward to reviewing your applications.