Are you passionate about writing engaging non-fiction ebooks, blogposts, website content and more and do you have writing talent?
Then we should definitely talk!
I’m looking for a talented writer to collaborate with on the long term, who can write content based on my outlines and ideas, and proactively interview me, and pick my brain on the content and its details by asking questions and then writing it all down in a coherent, easy to read, structured and engaged style.
To be honest with you I’m posting this job because I hate writing. I write a lot each and every day for my businesses. So I would like to provide you content in a way that minimize writing from my site, i.e. through interviews.
This is how I imagine it would work.
1. I provide an outline (or you interview me and suggest one). This outline might also include some notes, thoughts and ideas with more content for the outline.
2. You then basically interview me and have me explain and go into more details about each topic as you find it necessary. Or I might supply an audio file with me talking about the different topics and content.
3. During the interviews I expect that you carefully note the details of what I say. For that you probably need to record the complete audio synced with your text notes. Software like PearNote for the Mac, Microsoft OneNote 2013's synced audio notes, or even the Livescribe Pen enable you to go back through whatever you wrote and hear what was said at that time.
4. The final file, can be delivered in Scrivener og an outline file ideally. Properly formatted and structured ready for import into an e-book, a blogpost or similar.
I’m looking for a person who:
• Is a great writer, with excellent communication skills in English and a talent for writing in an engaging way that everyone understands.
• Is proud of your craft and is quality focused (and have samples to back it up).
• Who pays attention to detail. This means that when interviewing me or listening to my voice recording you pay attention to details. This also means proper grammar and spelling.
• Is an independent person who takes charge of your assignment. Proactively asks questions if anything is unclear or seems too vague. One can’t write anything good, without understanding it fully. So if there’s something you don’t understand, you’re encouraged to ask.
• Prepares ahead of meetings, is dedicated to customer service and is organized to minimize the time and effort required from your client.
• Can do touch typing (eg. writing without looking so much at the keyboard) and has a good typing speed.
LONG TERM WRITERS ONLY
I will constantly have things to write also for blogs, landing pages and similar, so I’m looking for a long term collaboration with a talented writer at a competitive price. The more easy and less time-consuming you can make things for me, and the more effectively you write and the higher the quality of your work, the more work you'll get.
If you’re interested, please let answer my screening questions as soon as possible, explain why you’ll be ideal for this, and share some samples (max 3) of what you’ve written before previously (ideally similar to what I’m looking for). The sooner the better. Can't wait to hear from you!
Have a great weekend!