My name is Jonathan Blain, I am a bestselling author of 12 non-fiction books / $3.8m sales.
I’m looking for a development editor for my new book which is titled:
“Career and Life Game Change – How to make your future better than your past”
I want to create a revolution in how people manage their careers and lives, so that they can be:
2. More Fulfilled and
3. Make a bigger difference in the world and also:
4. Achieve the career success they desire and
5. Meet their financial needs and desires
I am looking to create a bestselling book that can sell millions of copies / help millions of
people and am looking for a development editor who can help me to achieve that.
I’ve got firm ideas about how this can be achieved, but need a great development editor to help me take my ideas / content and structure it into a book that delivers the desired result.
If successful, the development editor will help me to be able to achieve the following:
1. Make the reader feel that I truly “get them”.
2. Make the reader feel that I empathise with them, make them feel understood
3. Get the reader to feel that they know, like and trust me.
4. Get readers to see that you are an expert and an authority
5. Get readers to believe that they have a need for the solution that I am offering
6. Help me to move the reader from believing what I am offering moves them from believing that what I offer “possibly with deliver the result they want to probably will deliver the result they want”
7. Absolve the reader of past failures.
8. Instil new hope for success.
9. Get readers to believe my solution is superior to any other solution out there.
10. Get readers to believe that my solution is the only one of its type in effect creating a new category of one.
11. Eliminate the reader’s objections to my solution in advance.
12. Structure my message such that they can easily share it with others
13. Make the reader decide that they want to buy into my seminars / training programmes etc. before you offer it for sale
14. Get readers to remain loyal to me for future books / products / purchases.
15. Get the reader eager to consume my message
16. Get readers to draw their own conclusion
17. Deliver my message in such a way that people feel they have been shown and not told.
I am massively creative and innovative, I have lots of ideas and content. I’ve got a working manuscript of 32,000 words and a previous attempt that I think is about 35,000 words with some duplication and more material and articles.
I need a development editor who can help take what I have, and shape it, structure it, condense it and turn it into a book that will deliver the results I desire. This book is for a mass audience. It has to be an easy read, easy to navigate in a clear logical structure.
I feel I am too close to it and need an external perspective.
The book needs to contain a system and framework and have a logical structure.
Achieving the 17 points mentioned will mean that the book will deliver the results I want. You’ll need to be able to demonstrate that the finished book really achieves these things.
It really works like a giant persuasive marketing document.
You’ll be good at creating outlines and structures, good at organising the content I already have written and editing it.
I see the project as having 2 parts:
Part 1 = Creating the outline
You’ll need to work with what I’ve got, but also be prepared for some skype chats and brainstorming and sifting through lots of material, diagrams etc. and doing some brainstorming with me.
I have all the ideas, you just need to help me to extract them.
Part 2 = Editing down and organising what I already have and helping me to create new content to fill in the gaps.
It is not an easy project because I have vast amounts of content and ideas. You’ll need to be organised and good at pulling together threads. You should be able to distil, quickly understand what needs to be done and also have that feeling that in this job you are going to be helping millions of people and hopefully yourself too.
You will need to be quite strong and results focussed.
If this resonates with you, please put in a bid.
Please be aware I have advertised this job elsewhere.