Under general supervision, performs complex activities for the development of design specifications based on customer and technical requirements and/or supporting manufacturing departments regarding tools, fixtures, methods and equipment from planning through execution.
• Provides support to Sales, Marketing and Field Service regarding product specification, selection and part numbers. (Essential)
• With direction, may develop production assembly fixtures and jigs or circuits / subassemblies to control and power dry pumps, subsystems, and accessories. (Essential)
• Reviews sales orders for completeness and accuracy. (Essential)
• Assumes responsibility for implementation / maintenance of product / design software or assists in specifying and revising assembly methods including operation sequence, tooling and other improvements. (Essential)
• May selects appropriate components for circuits as well as tests prototypes of designs and reports test results. (Essential)
• May assist in the selection of production equipment and may perform or direct the installation of production equipment. (Essential)
• Responsible for fully documenting all design work and working with drafters to complete design documentation or assisting with improvement in production processes. (Essential)
• Provides assistance to Manufacturing, Purchasing and Quality and vendors on product specifications and issues. (Essential)
• Provides technical support and instruction to Sales, Marketing and Field Service on product questions and problems. (Essential)
• Associates degree, Electrical Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering Technology certification, Drafting or equivalent experience
• Four (1) – (2) years of work experience, preferably in the semiconductor industry.
• Good working knowledge and use of design and documentation software (e.g. AutoCAD, PCAD).
• Working knowledge of general policies and procedures.
• Strong Customer Relations skills.