NOTE: Before applying, make sure to read the application carefully and follow the exact steps I describe.
Are you passionate web, tech and unix expert looking for an awesome job, that's fun, challenging, varied and develops your skills and combines system administration with a varied selection of administrative tasks? If so, then please read the whole ad carefully.
I am looking to build a long term relationship with a technically talented, highly organized, detailed oriented and logical thinking to help me with managing and optimizing my VPS.
If you have limited communication skills, and lack attention to detail, then this job definitely isn't for you, as details are essential for this job.
This job will start out with you working directly with me on an ongoing, project to project basis. Billed hourly or on a project-by-project basis. This will be a long term relationship, so you should be willing to commit to further projects once this project is complete.
WHO I’M ARE LOOKING FOR
This position isn’t for everyone. I’m really looking for an incredibly independent person who’s organized and a self starter. Throughout our collaboration you’ll be doing new tasks as you go along, so you so it’s important that you consider yourself a life long learner who enjoys learning new skills, and takes resonsibility and is independent when trying to find solutions.
• At least 3 years of experienced with unix in general and with bash, vi, nano etc.
• At least +2 years of experienced with NGINX, setup, configuration and optimization.
• You know WordPress management as well as the back of your hand :)
• You like troubleshooting technical web related issues and are good at using Google to find solutions.
Here's some other basic criteria that this person should also meet:
• You are an A-player in every way. Reliable, thorough and do what you promise, and on time, every time.
• You are able to take constructive feedback, and learn from your mistakes. And can improve a process based on experience and learnings.
• You are an honest, hard working and responsible person that loves your job.
• You speak and write good english and communicates clearly.
• You pay attention to details, always reads instructions thoroughly and can follow workflows to the letter.
• Just like a manager, you are thorough and proactive, and seek to go beyond expectations and anticipates and communicates any problems before they arise.
• You have a stable high speed internet connection, and can work from home without distractions and have Skype.
A huge plus if you also:
• Are comfortable setting up, creating and customizing Wordpress webpages from Templates, and working with plug-ins like Thrive Leads and Landing pages.
Those are not absolute requirements though.
How we will be working together:
I’m hiring for this job to help me free up as much of my time as possible for building products for my company’s clients and for creating and implementing marketing strategies.
So you’ll be taking over much over as much of my technical work as possible. And it’s essential that our collaboration can be effective, and will save time from my side. So I’m looking for an expert, how can solve problevms independently.
Mostly your tasks will be explained through voice (Skype) or be added to a project management system (PMS). When given through Skype, you can then ask me any questions to clarify, and then you’ll be expected to write down the task and add it to the PMS before starting the work, so I can confirm that we’re understanding each other correctly.
And please write the word "cat" somewhere in your application, so that I can see you read it.
The things you’ll be working on are too numerous to list, but they include:
• Fixing issues (domains, website, performance, mail, databases)
• Install scripts and apps on the server (including cron jobs, backup etc.)
• Fixing and setting up mail servers, and fixing mail related issues.
• All kinds of hosting related work - domain administration, redirect rules etc.
• Performance optimization of the VPS (running Centos), and the website, including caching m.m.
• Integrating new plug-ins, features and services in existing Wordpress sites.
And much more
• Specifically, your first paid test task will be to install Mautic on the VPS, and afterwards you'll be optimizing the Centos web server.
When applying I'll be looking at your experience, your skills and previous projects as well as hourly rate. No boilerplate responses!
Looking forward to hearing back from you!