Panel Siding Estimation - Example Project
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Estimator to prepare takeoff estimate calculations for projects of varying sizes and complexities. We will be posting projects depending on our clients' demands.
Prepares estimates, based on drawings and specifications on a timely basis.
For this specific task, you will find a simple project that has been already done for you as an example attached in the zipped file below. The task will be to replicate the sample project (file name: “Example Takeoff.pdf”) and prepare a quantities list for panel numbers and reveal frame numbers on the provided blank “Original Plans.pdf” and “Material Estimation.pdf” documents by hand. The “Example Quantities.pdf” file has been provided for you as reference. On the last page of the “Example Takeoff.pdf” document you will see a document named “What Goes Where”. Make sure to read and understand it as well as every other document provided before proceeding with the takeoff estimate calculation. Also, please visit our website at al13.com for more information.
Please note that for more complicated projects we will be using the online software mentioned in the qualifications below.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and understand scope of work
- Knowledge of a variety of estimating methods and techniques is an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and StackCT online software (http://stackct.com) is a MUST. [username and password will be provided once the ideal candidate only]
- Strong organizational skills with excellent accuracy [ATTENTION TO DETAIL IS A MUST]
- Strong written English communication skills
- Highly-developed time management skills
- Strong math skills
The ideal candidate would be a flexible and ambitious self-starter. You must be committed to meeting deadlines and completing projects on time.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or once the project is completed with a summary explaining your work. This task should be completed July 25, 2016.