1) Excellent comprehension of colloquial, spoken American English of various accents
2) Excellent written American English SPELLING AND GRAMMAR
3) Excellent personal and social skills, including an understanding of American culture and etiquette
4) Fast, accurate typing skills (60 WPM required, 90+ peak WPM preferred)
5) Computer literacy and the ability to quickly learn new web-based interfaces
6) A reliable broadband Internet connection and screen resolution at least 1366x768
7) A positive attitude! ... Note that for cost and culture-fit reasons, we typically only hire from the PHILIPPINES.
9) A WORKING WEBCAM and MICROPHONE
1) Listen to and watch audiovisual streams of one or more people talking with you
2) Role-play as a lovable creature with memories and a personality that may be different from your own
3) Type appropriate conversational responses in real-time
4) By doing 1-3 above, provide companionship and emotional support for lonely seniors who may be suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementia
5) Use a web interface to view/enter/manage data and information applicable to 1-4 above. This involves writing in standard US English.
6) Creatively and proactively start conversations based on family photos and text comments.
7) Perform other related tasks as needed during your assigned shifts.