I'm looking for a proofreader who is willing to communicate back and forth with me on a 40K novel. I expect a week's work and quick replies (within 5-8 hours).
It is necessary to have grammar, transitioning, and spelling expertise.
A little synopsis:
Fictional writers are people who can bring characters to life, but in doing so, will forget the character that is brought to life. This is a story within a fictional world where people dress in Moroccan and Hmong clothing and is clan based. It is a highly educated world, but not yet industrialized in machinery. It's still very green with a central government. It has adventure, mysteries, romance, folktales, and unfolding action that I as the author cannot see from the readers' point of view. So a proofreader that is interested or has experience in this area is welcomed!
- I expect an initial proofreading for transition, grammar, and spelling. (1-2 days)
- Then a discussion on the story plot, proposed changes for plot transitioning, and revision. (Half Day)
- Then a secondary followup with fixes finished on plot transitioning and smoothness. (1-3 days)
- Small revisions on Author's Notes (end of book)(OR Preface/Acknowledgement/Foreword if you think it's better) (Half Day)
- Then a discussion on creating the story synopsis, an eye-catching hook paragraph for the back cover of the book, creation of title series, and maybe fun proposed epigraphs. (1 Day)
- On the last day, I will go over the whole book and decide if it's good to go.
Price is negotiable and I am looking to build a long-term relationship, that will continue even after this novel, with someone that can provide quality work for me quickly, following deadlines. Communicating often will also be expected.
Please apply here with your proposed rates in your application, as well as a sample of your writing for me to review!