We are looking for someone to initially consult on the below project, and then with a view to either work directly on it, or assist us in hiring someone to develop it.
The job will be split into two main deliverables.
- Build a postfix installation hosted on AWS which acts as an outbound gateway for client domains who will use this as a smart host. This should not be an open relay and should be configured to only accept mails incoming from known IP addresses and domains.
- You must configure both the AWS EC2 instance and the postfix server correctly, we will then be saving this as an AMI to re-use going forward.
- We will provide a list of test IP addresses and corresponding domains that we would like to have forwarding through postfix (this will include Gmail domains).
- Within our postfix installation hosted on AWS/Azure, implement an outbound content filter (post queue) which subsequently calls a Ruby script to which it passes all information about the email (i.e. From:, To:, Subject: Body: etc...)
- A similar example can be found here: http://blog.thecodingmachine.com/content/triggering-php-
- The Ruby script should then return a series of outputs based on this input data which will then force the outbound content filer to:
- Deliver the email as normal
- Delete the email before sending
- Quarantine the email and await a release or delete instruction
- You do not have to provide any of the ruby script, this is already written.