Thanks for your interest in our General Transcription (GT) Process. We request you to go through the details shared below;
NATURE OF WORK
This is a 365-day process and ONLY long-term service providers are encouraged to take up work (No part-time job seekers will be entertained). It is suggested you have a team so that you can pick up more volumes of work.
The service provider will be offered both permanent assignments and occasional assignments based upon their availability. We pay based on the volume of work that is processed by the service provider. Presently, we have three different brackets (depending upon hours of work a freelancer can take every day). The rates below are applicable to 'per hour of audio processed everyday'
4. TAT Miss will attract 20% PENALTY
5. NO PAY – Returned Transcript by Client
6. ANNUAL BONUS of $1 - $2 applicable on entire year's work (to be discussed)
NOTE – Detailed feedback file will be provided for returned transcripts (final files) from the client and NO Pay will be offered.
If a transcript is returned by client for MORE than three times, NO further work will be offered to the service provider. The client losses reputation for a returned transcript, so please be very careful with your team's work.
Presently, we require contractors to take work on weekdays as well as weekends (no compulsion for weekends, prior intimation should be given by the service provider if they want to take up work on weekends).
We require contractors to be able to take at least 1-2 hours of audio every day. The pay bracket has been shared above on an everyday basis work volume. Consistency and Quality will be of utmost importance for long-term association.
Turnaround Time (TAT) – Usually 12 hours (TAT starts once work is allocated). If there are any longer TAT calls (accented or difficult to transcribe calls) we will inform while allocating work (or the freelancer can let us know, either way consideration will be given wrt TAT).
QUALITY – Consistent delivery of work 98% to 99% accuracy (contract will be ended if a service provider's work has been returned more than couple of times).
The Freelancer will be assessed for first few months and gradually work volume will be increased. Payment will be done on a monthly / fortnightly basis. Please note, we will NOT bear the applicable Upwork charges for ANY freelancer.
Project BUDGET shared is a rough estimate what a regular freelancer can earn ANNUALLY.
The following is a general style guide for the GT Process. This guide may be updated and/or amended at times throughout the course of the business.
1. (inaudible) / (audio gap) should be used when a speaker's words are indistinguishable or unintelligible and followed by timestamps. Example – (inaudible 00:00)
2. Speakers should be identified by their names (if mentioned) or else Male / Female as happens in general transcription. (OFF-MIKE) AND (UNINTELLIGIBLE) SHOULD NEVER BE USED.
3. Use ellipses when a speaker is interrupted by another speaker. Ellipses should be treated as a three-letter word with a space preceding and following it.
5. When a speaker changes thought in the middle of a sentence, use an en dash. [Word can be set to automatically create en dashes when you type two dashes in a row simply by checking the "replace as you type symbol characters for symbols" box under the Tools/Options/AutoFormat directory.] ( – ). If a speaker begins a word and then changes thought, please do not transcribe the partial word.
6. All terms, jargon or words that you are unsure of must be identified with a (ph) and must thereafter be consistently identified with a (ph) and in the same manner and/or spelling. If a (ph) is placed with a speaker's identification, the (ph) should not be capitalized. IF YOU ARE THE SLIGHTEST BIT UNSURE, EVEN IF YOU'RE 99.99% SURE, PLEASE PUT (ph) ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THAT MAY BE INCORRECTLY SPELLED.
Also, since some first names have several variations in spelling - Jon/John, Gerry/Jerry, Karen/Karyn - please (ph) first names as well. However, when a full name is given, it is not necessary to (ph) both - John Potter (ph), for instance, should be represented as John (ph) or as Potter, but not as John (ph) Potter (ph).
7. Please perform a spellcheck before sending (grammatical errors, full-stops, commas, any kind of punctuation errors is considered as a silly error and should NOT happen as it affects the readability of the transcript / file).
8. Correct paragraph spacing is needed which should improve the readability of the transcript.
9. Words like 'gonna, wanna, kinda' should be transcribed as 'going to, want to, kind of' and so on for similar sound-alikes.
A reference final transcript has been shared which can be viewed as a SAMPLE Transcript for this GT Process.
Please message us at Upwork for further queries / doubts.