Contract Attorney or Paralegal
Broad job description: Assist in the writing of Request for Order, file Response and Declarations from client and attorney in support of child custody, child support, spousal support and attorney fees.
Background: I represent Husband/Petitioner.
Petitioner filed RFO seeking child custody/visitation, attorney fees and spousal support. Wife opposed. We have wife's responsive declaration and Husband's reply. I like to file memo of points and authorities to brief the legal issues or supplemental response. In addition, I have set hired a Psychologist to counsel my client on how to best strategize and his declaration will be submitted. Goal is to take control of the issue before it turns into highly contested child custody case.
Respondent/wife filed RFO and sought child support and attorney fees. Responsive declaration has not been filed and needs to be filed.
Assist Family Law Attorney file a
(1) Responsive Declaration and Memo of Points and Authorities by Petitioner (my client) to RFO by Respondent (opposite party) seeking child support and Attorney fees, and
(2) supplement Petitioner's request by submitting additional declaration and evidence on RFO filed by the Petitioner to strengthen the case.
3) Memo on both RFOs and all issues.
4) Review Psychologist's report based on pleadings and file his declaration (to be prepared by Psychologist) but certain wordsmithing will be required.
Both RFO will be heard on same day (10/04/2016).
Child custody/visitation. Petitioner lives out of state and seeks legal custody and occasional visitation. Respondent opposes the request alleging abuse and no contact by father with the child and fraud (marrying her for green card).
Spousal support. Whether fraud is a factor in determining spousal support.
Impute income. What happens if a party quits job and shows as having been laid off.
Falsifying income on FL 150 and not showing rental income on the investment property,, claiming loans from father etc..
other arguments/issues is: Whether Respondent's allegations are true or false and meant to stall the process and harass the Petitioner. whether Petitioner is unfit parent and relevancy of alleged immigration fraud to any of the issues (specifically spousal support) and imputation of income to wife (she quit job when she learnt that H is seeking support).
Possible future issues/Possible new motion: Whether the court should appoint minor counsel for the child or order Brief Focused Assessment and order counseling for the wife and seek work order.
CA attorney or paralegal.
Access to legal library (public library Ok).
minimum of 1 year experience in contested custody litigation and related issues/specifically motion and legal brief writing.
Great writing and research skills.
Able to turn around the project by 09/20/2016.
What I will provide:
1. Basic research for Family Code section and some caselaw I have already done. You will be ready to go and know most of the law.
2. RFOs copies filed by both.
3. Feedback /notes from client.
4. copies of emails with opposing party (meet and confer).
What I will need before I decide to work with you is a copy of legal brief or two to see and evaluate your knowledge and writing skills.
This is also a sample of other projects I will have on regular ongoing basis.