We are embarking on organising a series of educational conferences. To take place in Ghana. They will be like master class courses. Followed by an actual conference. We need someone to produce the content for these conferences
The short courses conferences are in
Event Management – this will be 5 days
• Event Production
• Overcoming challenges in event management
• Mitigating risks
• Organising Conferences
• Exhibition Management
• Pitching and Presenting
• Event Management Planning
• Budgeting and Documentation
• Experiential Marketing
• Marketing Events
• Coordinating Events
• Developing sponsorship proposals
• Coordinating Events
• Sustainable Events
• Wedding Planning
By the end of the master class participants will be able to
• Initiate, budget and plan resource needs for corporate events that match your organisation's objectives and values
• Produce engaging event content
• Design staging and event collateral
• Understand key aspects of event production including site logistics, risk management, evaluation and reporting
• Produce effective briefs for production companies
Media and Advertising this will be 5 days
By the end of the master class in Media, we expect our participants to demonstrate the ability to
• Understand and apply the concepts of social and legal regulation as they relate to the use of existing and emerging communicative materials.
• Be sensitive to and respectful of cultural differences in communicative and media practices.
• Recognize an ethical responsibility to other individuals, the community, the discipline, the profession, and society as a whole based on various perspectives and associated standards of ethical communication in face-to-face and mediated environments.
• Explain how human communication is impacted by various technologies and media.
• Use the history of communication and media to explain the present and anticipate the future of the field.
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing
• A deeper understanding of using a variety of communication and information technologies and media.
• To conceptualize, design, and produce one or more works in media based on effective principles and practices of media aesthetics for a target audience.
Film and Tv Production – this will be 4 days
Topics to be discussed
• Screenwriting (Storyboarding)
• How to mitigate the challenges of film and TV industry in Africa
• Editing (Final Cut X)
• Editing and post production
o Rewriting the script, writing comm/VO o Craft editing skills and best workflow practice o Basic all-rounder in AVID, Final Cut Pro X and Premiere Pro CC o Metadata, logging and techniques for managing complex material • Promotion and audience generation o Viewer engagement and social media responses
• Making a studio programme o Studio directing and vision mixing
• Shooting on location o Managing equipment and crew o Shooting for a programme style – contributing to longer-form shows o Observational filming, actuality and documentary o Creative lighting setups o Complex sound setups •
regulations, paperwork and practice o Legal and commercial imperatives, broadcast delivery requirements
• Key Lighting Techniques
• Casting and Directing professional actors
With the conference being in
‘Africa Film and TV Investment Summit’ – Commercialising Africa’s Film and TV Industry. – this will be 2 days
This investment summit will bring together the leading players particularly the financiers and possible financiers of Africa’s TV and Film Industry.
The topics to be explored can include include
• An introduction
• Reaching international markets
• Avenues for Revenues
• Unique Financing Models
• Marketing and Merchandising Opportunities
• Opportunities for Tech
• Success Stories from developing countries
• Why do investors invest in films
• Who are the commercial stakeholders of Africa’s film industry
• Alternative funding routes
• Policy and regulations that could help Africa’s Film Industry
Target Audience/Speakers :
• Global film distributers
• Online TV platforms
• Tourism Boards
• Cinema companies
• Movie Theatres
• Pay-Tv Platforms
What we need now is an agenda/programme for each of the events.
For each day, there will be lunch of which will last 1 hour and 2 20mintue breaks., time for registration in the morning too. And the hours are from 9-5. With a combination of presentations and panel discussions.
These are separate events, and for the events management event, media/advertising you will need to identify minimum 5 speakers from the UK that can speak on the topic.
For the Film industry, for each topic you will be expected to identify relevant speakers, Most of the speakers should be those who add commercial value to Africa’s TV and film Industry.