We are a New York-based artist management and booking agency (http://rt-agency.com) seeking an extremely detail-oriented self-starter to fill a finance and reporting role.
o Track and categorize incoming payments in an Google Sheet/Excel file
o Make all outgoing wires and payments. Ensure the bills and invoices are paid.
o Prepare monthly artist accounting statements and ensure that all applicable business expenses are deducted.
o Track and categorize credit card charges.
o Prepare and send a monthly business transaction file to our bookkeeper.
o Liaise with our accountant regarding all tax matters, understand international tax matters and procedures
o Create Excel reports detailing profitability by artist on a weekly basis, and other ad-hoc analysis.
o Knowledge of Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP, and other Excel formulas.
o Create invoices for booking fee, artist fee, travel share, and misc expenses.
o Understand French and European VAT invoicing.
o Critically review contract terms and ensure that they meet agency and artist requirements. Determine when terms should be rejected and understand the legal implications when contract terms are not met.
• Programs used:
o Excel: proficient user of Excel required.
o Asana task management
o Details booking software (training will be provided)
o Transferwise/PayPal for payments
• High attention to detail – Need to be able to check numbers and data quickly and accurately, particularly in Excel.
• Quick response and turnaround time – Extremely important due to the time-sensitive and 24-hour nature of the business, which operates across multiple time zones.
• Ability to learn quickly – We're a small company and need someone who is a quick learner and can think strategically and efficiently.
• Communicate in a professional manner via email and phone.
• Time Commitment: The position will start at 4 hrs / day, 5 days / week (Mon-Fri) for 20 hours / week.
• Hours are flexible between 12-6pm CET (European time). The hours can increase depending on the skills of the candidate after an initial evaluation period.
• We are looking for a long-term hire.
- Please send me your resume and cover letter, explaining why: 1) you are a qualified candidate for the position, and 2) you are interested in the position and the firm.
- Candidates will receive a timed assignment in Excel and follow with a Skype video call.