InvesBrain is an online platform that offers the latest news and opinions about people, business, technology, stock markets, companies, and the green economy all with a focus on what matters to Canadians and Canadian Investors. The site focuses on topics, emerging sectors, and ideas that matter in today's changing economy. We gather analysis and opinion from investors and industry experts together with original content that's designed to be informative, engaging, and shareable.
InvesBrain has developed a unique platform and approach to authoring based on summarization and review of aggregated and curated content. We’re looking for writers, journalists and/or analysts who can leverage our platform to write concise and comprehensive reports and summaries in a relatable and compelling way . If you’re the type of person who likes to paraphrase stories in an easy to digest, shareable, sharp, humorous, and informative way in order to give a summary on current events, businesses, or the state of the economy to your friends, we’d love to hear from you!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Bachelor degree in journalism, economics, finances, or related field
• Has excellent research, writing and editing skills and can produce shareable content in a timely manner
• Experience working in investment, business, economics, or finances an asset
• Data and news junkie
• Familiar with the Canadian economy, businesses, stock markets, including terms, key players, and important stories/events, but can write summaries for all audience levels
• Track and analyze important stories pertaining to the stock markets, Canadian green tech, Canadian public companies, emerging technology trends in Canada
• Highly-motivated, self-starter who can work independently
• At least 2+ years research and writing experience
We are looking for 400-800 word reports and summaries that are easy to digest, sharp, humorous, and informative. Applicants MUST have a propensity for telling stories in a relatable and compelling way. Payment is provided based on each completed assignment and depends on experience.
Include your resume, a link to your CV on LinkedIn, three articles, reports, or summaries, explain in your cover letter why you are interested in the position and what topics you would like to cover.