Well hello fellow 'lancers!
I'm a freelance writer working on a big, complex (kinda) and very interesting research piece about BTC, the lovely cryptocurrency. The absolute final DEADLINE for me is due on May 15, and it has to be 25,000 words or more. Don't worry, you'll not do the whole thing :)
I have a *killer* finance analyst collaborator (also a freelancer) who's however burdened with work ATM, and while he can find proprietary data and do lots of juicy quantitation, I'm looking for somebody with some great academic writing ability. I'm VERY good at this, but I'm starting to fear that I'll not have enough time to finish everything. So I need you to hop in and fill in the blanks.
NATURE OF WORK will range among:
- adding to the literature review
- helping design/implement a research method (quant.)
- discussing results/writing conclusions
- writing meaningful text snippets (even if drafty and in non-Shakespeare-level English) to reach the length limit without being too "filler." I got your back for style and flow - I need quantity and ideas;
- giving useful advice and help me preserve my sanity (which I'm loosing thx to great workload)
- I'm guessing you'll be responsible for 5,000-10,000 words (or more?) in a reasonable (one week) time-frame, and with clear directions. You won't probably have to search for sources too much, but use mine and/or discuss results and stuff with judgment and intelligence.
- sadly, you'll be a ghost here (no showing/publishing/reusing work ever, in any way) but I'll fill you and your feedback form with praise like only a copywriter can ;)
Currently doing the literature review, and I should have a clear view of the research question and an outline/idea of the method (quantitative) by May 3 or so. I'll review applicants briefly by then, and make my choice by May 4.
The general TOPIC is about BTC trading, but still unsure. My initial idea was to study how news impact BTC trading on bitstamp.net, but it's very generic and bad. Working on it (suggestions are very welcome!). Basically, trading should remain a key focus, but I'm open to all ideas. Do you have any? I'll have more in the next few days, when I write and read more.
BUDGET is more or less indicative, and I may be willing to switch to hourly. Consider that I won't need you to write the whole thing, but help me out make it better and finish in time. The chosen writer will work with very clear job specs and directions (check out my stellar feedback) and with me, Ivan, a sworn 'lancer and digital nomad who's overly cool and with a sense of humor (and modesty :D).
So, do you have what it takes? Here's what the IDEAL candidate looks like:
- you love freelancing like a religion (kinda optional, I sometimes hate it, but rarely)
- you kick a*s with academic writing
- you know what BTC/crypto is and have some experience writing about it
- ideally, you're a BOSS with quantitative methods, because I'm not (i'm half and academic and half a copy writer)
- you speak APA referencing as a second language
- your English is cool, but you don't have to be a first-language speaker
- you HATE, DESPISE and LOATHE plagiarism and you wouldn't never ever ever copy-paste one single unreferenced word (IMPORTANT!!!)
- you don't write copy-pasted COVER LETTERS and enumerate your achievements, but show yourself as a human being, sympathetic for my struggle, and full of useful advice and ideas right after the "Hey there" in your first message
Ok, that's it. That's more or less all the info I got ATM, but feel free to ask. I'll not be available to chit-chat, so leave a convincing (=detailed) message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Help me out, fellow brethren 'lancers! I need your help.