About Us: Charter Technology Solutions provides complete technology support to small and medium-sized organizations in the Education industry in the greater NY/NJ area. Learn more about us at www.charterts.com
Summary: Seeking motivated team player with excellent communication skills to provide IT support to clients.
Hours and Location: This is a full-time, remote position with about 50 hours per week, and may include on-call work.
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience and performance.
Job Responsibilities (looking for experience in much of the following):
• Support of Windows Desktop and Server (Exchange, WSUS, AD, VPN) environments
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and support workstations/laptops, email, peripherals, and mobile devices
• Configure and deploy workstation/laptops - includes operating system and software installation (imaging)
• Install, configure and maintain network switches, routers, T1/Cable redundancy, and managed WiFi solutions
• Network support, administration and restoration - DHCP, DNS, firewalls, VLANs
• Maintaining VoIP solutions (Asterisk as well as cloud-based)
• Work with vendors concerning existing products/software and escalation of issues
• Work with Active Directory infrastructure and user administration
• Configure GPOs, logon scripts, etc.
• Development and maintenance of technical documentation
• Advising / Consulting clients on IT best practices
• Good time management and recordkeeping skills