I need help setting up version control environment for developing, managing and updating my WordPress sites.
Your help can be either by consultation and/or setting the environment for me.
Requirements and thoughts:
- Needs to be easy to use (I am used to cowboy coding directly with FTP, so I would like the new environment to be as simple to use as possible)
- Needs to be solid and not buggy
- Needs to be scalable, so I can work alone or with team members
- If I can avoid having to learn command line and use something like SourceTree, that would be great. But if my team members would want to use GIT, they can too.
- My current sites are hosted on my cpanel server, and my clients sites are hosted on other cpanel servers (sometimes Plesk or other control panel)
- I want the local server setup being optional, so for example I can install on my desktop PC but still have the ability to work directly on the staging server when I'm working on another computer during...