A newly established game development company is looking for experienced C++/UE4 game programmers to help bring our games to life! We already have amazing design, art, and audio talent on board and are looking to fill out the remaining spots on our team.
As a game programmer, you would be responsible for programming our games in C++ with Unreal Engine 4. Currently, our flagship product is a futuristic, open-world, 1:1 scale, MMOFPS game with RPG elements. It has not been formally announced and you will be among the founding members of this company as we move forward into the future.
- Firm understanding of UE4 and C++ development
- Ability to work 30+ hours per week for at least the next year (though I would hope that the project's vision and potential inspired you to remain on the team for many years to come!)
- Willingness to work for split salary and revenue share (we're still indie so we can't currently afford to pay people $100k per year, or even half that, at least not until our kickstarter). Depending on your experience, you will be given revenue share percentages with earning potential of up to $1,000,000 USD.
- You should be a gamer yourself
- Fluent in English and able to communicate regularly with the team
The engine is in its very early stages at the moment. We need an experienced UE4 developer to take the reins of the development to implement the dynamics ship and player movement, physics, combat, missions, trading, procedural planets, and more. This is a long-term project on a 2-3 year plan. We are looking for around 3 developers, with one taking the lead role who would report to upper management on the progress and help manage the other developers to create the overall vision.
Attached is a collage of some of the artwork we've already produced for the game, but you can also see others and read more about us at our website: https://www.stormypeak.com