short summary: This will be an asteroid mining simulation game. At first i only want a robot player, that can choose 1st person or 3rd person view, and he will walk around the inside of a spaceship (you can use a space station and call it a spaceship.) I do not need physics, gravity, interactions, or any other programming done on this at this time. At this time we will NOT be doing asteroid mining, or any gaming scripts, etc.
I will be upfront, i do not have much money for this project. I'm only looking for a VERY BASIC game to be created, but with ability to upgrade it later. I will be asking my Facebook page followers to help with donations to pay for this game development. I would like a pc game, or a Google Play Store android game, or both eventually. If you prefer to to a Google Play Store app, then let me know.
I have been teaching myself Unity 5 and Unreal Engine but I think it would be more efficient if I can hire someone with more experience.
It doesn't necessarily have to be a "game" yet, just the basic template is ok with me for now.
Here is the basic scenario of the game.
(Even a generic Google Play Store app is ok for now.)
This is what i want:
1. I would like a player to be able to download the game, and then if we have an update a month from now, the game will auto-update itself on their computer or cell phone. I would like it on the Steam store if possible, if not, I have a website that I can host the files for download.
2. I want the ability to walk around on the inside of a spaceship while you see stars moving slowly outside the window (on the way to the asteroid belt). This may be good enough for now. It may not be "fun" but people will be able to download it for a very low price, just to show their support of the future game. I will use the funds when people buys it to help pay for future updates. Each update we put out, we will raise the price, but for the people that already downloaded it, they get free updates. Even if there is no "game" or way to earn points at this time, I think it has the potential to be a good game. I just want to "see it in action" then decide where to take it.
Even if you create a room or building in Unity 5, Unity 3d, or Unreal Engine (or something similar) and make it look like the inside of a spaceship, and have the stars outside the window, this may be all i need. it is very simple. You can keep it where the player stays inside the spaceship and if you do that, then you do not even have to design the outside of the spaceship since no one will see it (until future update.) The stars should not move fast (like in Star Trek when they warp) The stars must stay still or very slowly move, because that would be more realistic. Since it would take several months in real life for a spaceship to get to Mars or the Asteroid Belt, it is ok if it actually takes a few months before the player does "asteroid mining." The person can login every so often and check the progress to see how far away they are to the asteroid field, in this time, we can be getting updates ready.
It should just take a few hours for this VERY basic "game."
Hopefully we can continue this project and do other milestones such as the following:
This section below is to only show you the future plans, please do not raise the quote price because of the following. Right now i just want a VERY basic program just so i can let people download it and watch the progress as we do updates, maybe once every month or two.
Future updates (i would be appreciative if you can do some of these updates in this current project.)
1. add ability to change the robot's appearance.
2. add gravity to spaceship? maybe thrusters on robot to look like an astronaut jetpack?
3. add tools and random things, boxes, etc that will interact with the players (turn on physics, etc.
4. this is where the first "gaming" comes into play. for example, there may be an oxygen leak and its the players job to fix it.
5. add ability to look at the outside of the ship, design the ship.
6. add ability to choose destinations such as mars, asteroid belt, or other planets or moons. at first only orbit, but in later updates we can land on the planets.
7. make a google play store app.
8. making an itunes app
9. create way for people to pay real money to buy coins or things to use in the game, like many app games to get more supplies
10. find a way for people to mine asteroids and possibly be able to cash out in real money,
11. consider using bitcoins for people to buy more supplies or to cash out with.
12. add VR support for HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, or Microsoft Hololens
13. add this game to the steam store and steamvr store
14. try to make a facebook game version
15. create in game chat for players to talk to other players.
16. create a way for players to work together, such as have some miners and some haulers.
17. create like a randomizer program to