Full-time contract-to-hire VA position for someone who wants to be part of a creative and performance driven team. This position is for someone who wants to make a real definitive impact on the company’s success. Must be central - south Austin, TX area
Includes primarily Virtual Assistant duties and team management duties
This is a contract to hire Virtual Assistant position with the Blink Publishing LLC; a fast growing digital marketing company. This position will become full-time and SALARIED position after passing a probationary period.
Who are we?
First, you need to decide whether you would want to work in this environment. The job doesn’t matter if the company is not a place you want to work.
The Blink Publishing LLC works in the greater Austin area with product business owners whose annual revenue ranges from $200,000 to $1.5+ million to help them gain maximum sales for their products. Our goal is to take a good product and build the sales process around it to get it off the ground, whether it is our own product or a partner’s.
We believe in Stakeholders who are sold out to what we’re doing, not employees who punch clocks. No one is an employee. Everyone is a Stakeholder because we only want people who will “own” their work.
If you like a fluid, growing, expanding organization that is small, but rapidly growing team we could be a good fit. We are looking for self-starters.
1) Task management and prioritization – You will need to juggle many tasks and it will be critical to ensure that you focus on the most important and urgent items at hand.
2) Automation and efficiency – Make current process more efficient.
3) Contractor management – You will oversee tasks that often are fulfilled by temp or long-term contractors. Delegating is crucial.
6) Keeping the team focused – THIS IS A CRITICAL PART OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES. One of the biggest blockers to success is the distraction of urgent but low-yielding action items. You job will be to ensure those items are taken off of their hands and properly executed.
7) Office work - Research, contractor tasking, ticket managing, document archiving, task updating, all of these are common reoccurring items that will need your management and prioritization. You must know how to use basic office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
9) Occasionally you will need to assist with mailing office material and documentation. Transportation is a must so that you can drive to and from stakeholder locations as well as to the post office, etc.
11) Hours – initially there will be a contract probationary period where you will work hourly when needed. Once that probationary period is up we will move you to a full-time Salary position. This is NOT meant to be an hourly paid position past the first 60 days, but a salaried position.
12) Daily and weekly meetings – you will attend team meetings to the purpose of gathering assignments and action items that come up in our routine meetings.
13) Be adaptive and willing to act on a variety of different tasks. If you are looking for boxed in defined role with no ambiguity, then this is not the role for you.
14) Acting as if you own the company – (taking initiative and ownership, making decisions, thinking ahead and being proactive (we don’t need “reactive”), working with others to constantly make things better and increase the team’s speed to market and over-all efficiency)
15) It is a huge plus if you have aptitude, or some experience, with the following tools and skill sets:JIRA, Confluence, Direct Marketing, Copy Writing, Adobe Creative Suite, Upwork.com and other contracting sites.
Core skills required:
• Time efficiency, prioritization, delegation– you will need to be able to work efficiently, be able to tell the difference from important and non-important tasks, and be able to and willing to delegate out to others.
• Quick Learner– Be willing to learn new things and be willing to shed old paradigms and thought processes.
• Communication– Your ability to over-communicate current status of tickets and action items is crucial. Additionally you will be the bridge between contractors and reporter feedback. This is also crucial.
• Ability to logically solve problems with little supervision
• Ability to organize, monitor, and track numerous ongoing and one-time activities, events and projects
• Initiative and the ability to figure things out on your own
We don’t need to see your resume yet. Don’t send it. For now, just email us answers to the following questions:
1) How is this position a fit for you?
2) What would you get out of working in the environment described here?
3) What are the three biggest strengths you could bring to us?
4) How can we support you – what do you need from us to be successful?
5) Where do you want to go with your life (career is a part of life, not separate)?
What other helpful info did we forget to ask?