NOTE: This is an online freelance teaching job and you will be expected to have regular availability over several weeks or months. Your English accent must be CLEAR and well-understood. You must speak VERY clear English - no exceptions.
Pay: $15-20 per hour based on experience + $100 for full course design (materials must be branded as Coderversity and may not be used anywhere else).
Coderversity is looking to hire experienced C# .NET developers freelance instructors to deliver online instruction to our students. As a Coderversity Instructor, you will be expected to teach beginners and intermediate students.
- Write custom learning curriculum based on student need
- Conduct live lessons online via virtual classroom
- Coordinate scheduling with support team and openly communicate with client(s)
- Advocate Coderversity and its teaching methodology
Our students book blocks of hours based on their availability. You must have open availability to satisfy their schedule. Note that all class bookings will need to be conducted by Coderversity. You MUST be available for the ENTIRE course - no exceptions!
You must be comfortable with teaching both private and group lessons online.
This will be an ongoing course with 1 or many students. You will need to log onto the virtual classroom promptly, and your lessons will be monitored on occasion.
All instructors will be paid a portion of their earnings monthly until the conclusion of the course.
- Must be a NATIVE or NATIVE-FLUENT English speaker with a clear accent
- Experience in object-oriented programming concepts and best practices
- Experience in C# and ASP.NET web development
- Experience working with IIS, Visual Studio, and .NET configurations
- Experience in SQL databases - especially T-SQL
- Experience in MVC pattern, Razor, model binding, HTML, and CSS
- Experience in training or teaching a plus
- Must have a microphone, webcam a plus
- High-speed and stable internet connection a must
NOTE: You must be available to start immediately, and have open availability. You must also be willing to write your own lesson plans according to the student's need.
How to apply:
1) Record a video of yourself teaching a basic programming concept in C#. Here, we're looking to hear how clearly you enunciate and pronounce words in English as well as how efficient you are as a teacher.
2) Please attach your resume / CV for review. All qualified applicants will be interviewed via Skype as opportunities become available.
3) If shortlisted, be prepared for an interview.