Our small publishing company is hiring freelance ghost writers to author novellas in the Cozy Murder Mystery-Culinary genre. Murder, mystery, and delicious food – what would be better? We are looking for experienced writers committed to providing high-quality, compelling fiction. The stories will be around 20,000 words and the pay is $150-$250, based on experience.
The best candidates for this job will be:
• Experienced writers (willing to share samples)
• Very familiar with the Cozy Murder Mystery-Culinary genre-either as a reader or a writer willing to research it
• Able to quickly adapt the genre’s voice
• Able to set and meet realistic deadlines
• Open to working together on future jobs, if it’s a good fit for both of us
• A native English speaker and writer
If you want to apply for this job, then please reply with the following information:
1. What is your favorite mystery book (lately or of all time)? Why?
2. How long would it take you to write a 20,000 word novella?
3. Please provide a fiction writing sample of yours.
4. What is your standard $/word rate?
5. Based on the links below to two top selling books in the genre, what three things stand out to you about the Cozy Murder Mystery-Culinary genre?
Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.