We are looking for aesthetically focused top-notch web designer(s) / design companies.
We have a legal research-focused website, and are in the process of building the backend of the paid section of that site. We are looking to create its design so as to provide a roadmap to our developers, and ultimately, to implement that design.
At this point, again, we seek the design, and not the HTML development; however, HTML dev certainly will follow, as the the ultimate goal is implementation. Nevertheless, we want to be methodical and sure that we have the best and most use friendly design possible.
What we're looking for:
1) Someone who can create the best design, but who also knows that business & research oriented websites must be functional. 1990s public library website style is bad; but for our purposes, so is beautiful design that requires 5 clicks just to sort search results by date.
2) Creativity & vision. We cannot stress this enough. We want you invested in this project, for you to potentially come up with ideas we have not thought of, and hold those positions. We ask you to try to work somewhat within the current style of our site, but if you disagree or want to sufficiently change it, tell us! We will listen to all ideas.
3) A design that realistically can be implemented and works both on desktop and mobile devices.
4) Sufficient experience! It's never good for anyone to come to the end of a project and produce / receive poor design, or even structure that's clearly just a recycling of another generic design, especially where that design is not target client appropriate. If your common design method is WordPress, this project is not the right fit.
5) We know you'll have other projects, and that's of course ok! However, we ask that you are sure you can devote the time required to create a stellar design before bidding.
6) We much prefer longer-term relationships. If you and we are comfortable, we very likely will ask if you (your schedule permitting, of course), to work on other sections / part of our website (concurrently).
You should know that, if we do move from the design to the development, that the web server is nginx and we are template based. It would be very helpful if you have experience in working with templates for this reason.
Last, this is a longer-term and involved project. If you submit a bid, while we certainly do not expect an essay, please do not only submit a long list of URL examples without any descriptive text of your bid. We will likely not consider such bids.
Thank you very much and we look forward to working together!