If so, great! We'd love to work with you.
ABOUT THE JOB
AWS is the largest public cloud in the known universe. Your job, should you choose to accept it, is to design a small Splunk Enterprise cluster for the AWS cloud.
The job will be done in two phases:
1. Design (using Cloudcraft for cost estimation).
2. Build (using AWS CloudFormation for automation).
The Splunk cluster is required to:
- Ingest 5GB of data a day
- Use redundant node pairs across AZs for the indexers and search heads
- Have a single Deployment Server (which communicates with Deployment Clients on customer premises)
- Use a single, shared, EBS volume (SSD) for both indexers (ie. hot indexes)
- Use S3 for cold indexes
- Use ALBs for load balancing to indexers and search heads
- Use Route 53 for external and internal DNS
- Accept all external communications on port 443
- Accept all internal communications on default Splunk ports
- Use Let's Encrypt for server and client certificates
- Use CloudWatch for monitoring and logging
- Have AWS build configuration in our GitHub repo
- Have appropriate security measures like separate VPCs, security groups, encrypted credentials
- Have a backup and restore strategy for application data
You are an expert AWS technical architect. You may have AWS certification. You have designed and deployed many systems on AWS. You have operational as well as design experience. You are familiar with AWS gotchas and best-practices. You have strong opinions on how to do things right.
Ideally, you also have experience with Splunk. If not, we can fill you in.