Technologies: Scala, Scala.js, Apache Solr, HAProxy, Ansible, AWS, Git, Bootstrap, Less
● Strive to be a Pragmatic Programmer (https://pragprog.com/the-pragmatic-programmer/extracts/tips)
● Be a generalist: comfortable working on Backend, Frontend, DevOps, Architecture, etc
● Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code, with an attention to detail
● Understand, maintain, evolve, and refactor a medium/large sized code base
● Write high-quality APIs for either internal Scala/Java libraries or external facing web services
● Understand and make use of complex data models (e.g. ... .
○ We make use of EC2, S3, Cloudfront, Route53, ELB, Cloudwatch, etc.
● Git - 5+ years
○ We use private Github repositories for managing pull requests and code reviews
● NoSQL - 5+ years
○ We tend to favor “NoSQL” databases for their simplicity but it’s important to understand their strengths and weaknesses.
○ You should have exposure to at least a few of the various NoSQL database out there.
● RDBMS - 5+ years
○ We tend to avoid SQL Database when possible but you should still understand what they are good for and when to use them
● Web - 5+ years