Who is Sellable?
Sellable is a startup that was founded in early 2015. Sellable's mission is to to innovate and transform the way property is transacted in Australia. We are an entrepreneurial and passionate team of experts in real estate, finance, operations, technology and customer service.
At Sellable, we're all about making things happen, being proud of what we deliver, developing trust with our customers and always treating them fairly. We work hard but know how to prioritise and focus on the things that matter.
We are looking for an experienced senior developer to build on our existing code base and take the lead in driving and executing on Sellable's technology strategy. You will be part of a team that is responsible for all a full Agile delivery cycle including coding, design, unit-testing, metrics, and application architecture.
We love to innovate, solve problems and try out new approaches and ideas, so that should be something you enjoy too. You will also need excellent communication skills to deal with a variety of projects and stakeholders.
* Design of the overall architecture of the web application
* Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application
* Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements
* Implementation of security and data protection
* Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
* Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
* Building reusable code and libraries for future use
* Unit and end-to-end testing
* Follow industry best practices
* 6-10 years+ with full-stack PHP development, ideally on scalable enterprise solutions (i.e. not shopping cart sites)
* Experience with PHP Laravel will be highly regarded, or similar MVC framework
* PostgreSQL experience and database development, and version control tools
* Experience in managing server environment on AWS
* Experience with API integrations with third-party systems
* Strong understanding of responsive UI, cross-browser compatibility, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
* Exposure to Zendesk, Hubspot or other similar helpdesk and CRM systems
* Strong Agile and QA practices
* Prior experience in the real estate industry is not a requirement but would be considered an advantage
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Positive team player with a friendly and professional attitude
* Tertiary degree in IT would be an advantage
Please send a resume, along with a cover letter detailing your experience in the above technologies and frameworks.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and have Australian residency or a valid work permit.
Note that due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No agencies please!