The chance to get web, mobile and cloud software development work experience with a new startup (currently a 4-man team) based in West London developing a website and app to build local community connections. Exciting opportunity to flex your technical muscles, learn and grow in new skills, and gain valuable work experience to add to your CV. There is the potential to join the team as the project develops down the line, and career progression thereafter. You can expect to gain mentoring under our CTO and benefit from their experience and knowledge.
Please note: We are a startup offering non-financial rewards initially, with the potential to join as an employee. Remuneration:
• Possible option of future employment
• Possible share options down the line if taken on as an employee
We need one or more developers to fill the following roles:
Back end developer
• Developing the existing PHP based server-side code (running on Google’s Cloud based App Engine) to support the client-side user interface and overall software design goals. This will be using data stored in Google’s NoSQL based Cloud Datastore, and files in Google’s Cloud Storage but this will be via interface code as per the infrastructure role (your skill sets may overlap both roles).
• Essential skills: PHP v5+, some SQL or NoSQL DB experience, some web app development experience.
• Non-essential skills, but will be used and nice to have: Google: App Engine, Datastore, Cloud Storage, basic Github use (or similar code repository)
Back end app infrastructure developer
• Working in tandem with the Back End Developer role (your skill sets may overlap both roles) to modify and add to the PHP based code to interface with Google’s NoSQL based Cloud Datastore and modify the Datastore structure to achieve maximum efficiency and costs savings, and implement new functionality as required by the project design goals.
• Essential skills: PHP v5+, Google: App Engine, Datastore, Cloud Storage.
• Non-essential skills, but will be used and nice to have: Some web app development experience, basic Github use (or similar code repository)
• Home based (or where ever you wish)
• Team meetings of about an hour, one or two weekly either in person or remote (e.g. Skype)
• Number of hours per week will vary according to current design goals, and are by mutual agreement, but work them flexibly, as suits you.
• Work as a team, shared code repository on Gitlab (like Github), team communications via Slack/email/phone/in person, as required. Use your own choice of development environment and tools.
• Working on expanding existing code base, but also using your own initiative and implementations to achieve design goals.