We are looking to create some code that we can use inside our .NET programs that will basically get a picture (in binary or as a physical file) and upload it to a location in google Drive.
When uploading the picture, we want the DLL to handle:
- Make sure the connectivity to the google drive is ok
- Make sure to create folders (if needed) in google drive where to store the pictures (this will be based on parameters to pass to the function that will hanel this upoad)
- Make sure to analyze the binary or picture file and get its picture size, type, orientation and store all that information into a reference table.
- This reference table should also store the URL of the picture in google drive..The url should be a url to access the picture without the google drive frame ..like a link directly to the picture (i know there is a format to get that)
- Make sure to give proper permission to each google drive folder so that everyone with the link could see it
there are 2 uses cases where we will use this:
1) This code will be used inside our web application so that when users upload a picture from their computers, it will go to google Drive directly...we need a plugin version that we can put inside our client side jquery code
2) We will also use this at the server end: we have a windows service that run in our server automatically and pulls pictures from different locations, gets the picture binary (in bytes) and then we need to transfer that to google drive
For use case 2, If you can, we would like to know if it is possible somehow to have all these picture binaries go directly to google drive without our server intervention
We need this ASAP