We have a business problem sharing/syncing contacts. There are lots of solutions that promise to solve this for us, but they all seem to fall short. I don't have time to set up tests for all these, so I need your help to conduct a thorough test of each and provide a list of pros and cons of each service.
* Your Testing Approach *
You really must have at least one iPhone to perform testing. You will also need to have a Google Apps account on a custom domain with two separate accounts on that domain.
You will then need to research and test various contact sharing services or apps for small teams using Google Apps. For example, a team needs to share contacts between its main office and sales persons out in the field who are using iPhones or iPads.
The results from your research will need to be prepared as a comparison that could be used in a blog posting. If you have a blog and can post your results in a professional manner, you will certainly get a bonus. Sharing is good!
* Testing Concerns *
I'm looking for someone that can approach this with innovative questions and ability to conduct the appropriate tests to verify the functionality.
Here are some of the questions you should answer as part of your testing for each service reviewed:
1. What happens when either party deletes?
2. Does a new contact automatically get added to 'My Contacts'?
3. What happens when either party simply removes the tag (while leaving it in My Contacts)?
4. Is there an effective way to keep personal contacts separate? What about for iPhone users?
5. When a new contact is added on an iPhone, will it be automatically shared with the other members?
6. How extensive is the contact sharing? Test with a variety of common and custom contact fields (be sure to create a new field like "TEST KEY = TEST VALUE".
7. How long does it take to sync changes?
8. Is there a way to force syncs?
9. Are there any min required fields for a contact to sync (such as an email, phone or name)?
10. Are new contacts added to a shared group automatically added to the "My Contacts" group?
* Services to Test *
There may be others that get roped into this research, but I would like to start the research for only these options: