The Sharing Economy/Gig Economy/Freelance Economy embodies how millennials think about work and how they choose to work. Industry experts estimates that by 2025, the Sharing Economy will have a market valuation of over $335 billion. With this rapid growth, we’re currently the largest and highest regarded company servicing the tax and financial needs of individuals working in this industry.
Based on our extensive experience, we’re building new tax and financial related products to help 1099 contractors with their money to pay less tax.
Who we’re looking for:
Although its 2016, people continue to keep every receipt, not understand their tax implications, and have no idea how to handle their taxes. We’re on track to change that and change the fact that each year, 1099 contractors pay over $1 billion dollars in quarterly tax penalty fines.
We’re looking to have someone join our team as a User Interface/User Experience Designer. The Designer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Create Mock’s and User Interface designs to the team members
- Create landing pages and various wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows to effectively communicate your interaction ideas
- Present and draft your design decisions. All design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles
The ideal candidate should have the following characteristics:
- Two or more years of experience and professional design experience
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defend during the interview
- Hand-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience using tools such as photoshop, sketch, illustrator, invision, etc.
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset.
When you apply - please answer the following questions:
1. What sites should we copy and why?
2. In terms of UI and trust, what should the site focus on?
3. In your opinion regarding quarterly taxes, what do you know and think about it and why?
4. What do you think about taxes and how can we make the process better?
5. What is the first word you think of when I say “taxes”?
6. Why do you want to work here and what will you contribute?
7. What projects have you done where you see similarities between this position and other projects you’ve worked on.
8. This site will need to be hosted and also require users to pay, which platform (e.g. Shopify, Wordpress, Weebly, Custom, etc.) would you use and why?