Our prominent home improvement and tool review site is looking for a passionate and funny contractor, carpenter, woodworker (current or former), maker or extremely experienced DIY'er to write 2-4 articles a month on an ongoing basis.
This initial project is for TWO articles and will serve as an "audition" of sorts. Please bid at a rate you're comfortable with long-term.
You Should Be:
- Skilled & experienced in carpentry, woodworking, and/or contracting.
- Reliable, conscientious and available for ongoing monthly work.
Each Article Should Be:
- Funny, but still professional.
- 500+ words.
- Include at least 3+ ideally original photos or images related to the topic (if you can do high quality video, let's discuss after doing a couple regular articles)
- Preferred topics include; tool reviews, home improvement/construction, &/or woodworking.
We're looking for articles that solve problems that homeowners and contractors face, and that provide a comprehensive set of information of value to readers. For hobby content like woodworking, the more interesting, unique, unusual and useful, the better.
Special Magic Un-redeemable Bonus Points If:
- You're experienced with Wordpress (we can train you if you're not)
- You're a professional woodworker, carpenter, etc.
- You're a tool-a-holic
- You can take very nice digital photos to accompany your content.
- You're good at teaching how-to and DIY content (in written form).
- You don't get us sued by anyone.
What's In It For You If it Works Out Long Term:
- Consistent monthly work
- Periodic FREE Tools to review (subject to our tool review agreement)
- Fame/infamy on a site with 50,000+ visitors/month.
- A photo and profile on our "about" page as long as you are actively contributing
- An endless supply of groupies
All content should be considered work for hire and is to be original and exclusive to our site.
Tips For Landing This Gig:
- Visit our site (url below) and peruse content to get a sense of what we do.
- Your bid should give some hint that you're actually funny and entertaining.
- Your bid should also say specifically what your experience and expertise are.
- Your bid should mention any Wordpress experience you have.
- Your bid should convince us you have attention to detail and that you can write great, entertaining, informative and useful content.
PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT A BID IF YOU MEET OUR REQUIREMENTS ABOVE AND YOU CAN RELIABLY PRODUCE 2-4 QUALITY ARTICLES/MONTH IF WE WORK WITH YOU LONG-TERM.
About the Site:
HomeFixated.com focuses on on providing tool reviews, home improvement news, DIY tips, and innovative products. . . . all delivered in an entertaining and edgy style.
We look forward to reading your proposals! Good luck!