Mo' Motion Youth Basketball & Fitness NYC (momotion.org) and Gotham Basketball Association are working together to hire writing, editing and social media support in the following areas. Candidates should know basic Word Press and major social media handles as well as use of Hoot Suite. It helps if the writer/editor played basketball as kids and understand what it means to youth of all ages/abilities and how to present content to them and their parents (our paying clients) via social media.
1) Tightening up the site (momotion.org) to make the parent registration process simpler, yet the writer must know the back-end registration system limitations and abilities. Word Press is the bridge to our back-end youth sports registration system.
2) Writing/Editing Spotlight stories on our featured players, coaches, any feel good pieces - 1-2 times per month and promoting the stories via social media.
3) Word Press - updating of photo galleries as we shoot more photos and videos.
4) gothambasketball.org writing for our sister site - check it out gothambasketball.org on success of our partner teams, coaches, alum.
5) Promotion of the blogs, podcasts, videos and stories by director Maureen Holohan. There are six months of stories Jan-June on the site and on Mo' Motion's FB page. Ideally the writer/editor would review the material and come up with a plan to break it up into pieces, direct Maureen to the publications she should be writing for as an industry expert who can promote the brand in NYC and the individual. Maureen is working additional digital projects as she sets to open the pre-season.
6) Social media push - Snippets and great photos posted to FB, Twitter, Instagram via Hoot Suite.
7) A rough plan on timeline for all images, stories, plugs of stories, pushes of podcasts, etc. and goals as far as numbers - followers, registrants for the program, growth of email list, etc.
Please review momotion.org and gothambasketball.org (both nonprofits) and let us know if you are interested. Estimated weekly/monthly budget for these tasks over 3-6 months is ideal. Long-term relationship as the brand and new products develop would be even better.
Any questions, please respond on upworks or email email@example.com.